Permanent Employment Opportunity
Extendicare is hiring a RN for their Kirkland Lake, ON facility.
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada
Candidates are invited to apply for Temporary Full-Time Registered Nurse positions to work at our Extendicare Medex facility, a 100-bed long-term care home, located in Kirkland Lake, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health and behavioural supportive measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor staff performance and refer concerns to the Director of Care.
- Extensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as Knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Strong assessment skills essential
- Essential to have a working knowledge of MDS/RAI and effective use of such to plan individual care planning for the residents needs
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with the elderly populations and their associated health and cognitive issues.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
- Understand the acts, regulations and standards surrounding Long Term Care
- Working knowledge of behavioural approaches used to manage those residents with challenging behaviours in the long-term setting using the gentle care model or similar
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Kirkland Lake is a town and municipality in Timiskaming District in Northeastern Ontario, Canada. The 2016 population, according to Statistics Canada, was 7,981. The community name was based on a nearby lake which in turn was named after Winnifred Kirkland, a secretary of the Ontario Department of Mines in Toronto.
Looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life? A ten minute drive in any direction will put you in the heart of a nature’s wonderland. Enjoy an early morning paddle with only a Loon for company. Hike the trails to the waterfalls along the Larder River, or take a midnight ride along the many snowmobile trails. Marvel at the how the moon and stars look so very different at -40° and dream of the hot tub waiting for you. Fresh air, fresh water, fresh attitude.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- Wage between $30.50 – $46.31/hour
- Paid Relocation costs
- Sign on bonus!
- New grads will be considered
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
How to Apply!
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days