Alberta License Requirements
Registered Nurses & Nurse Practitioners
To become licensed as an RN in Alberta, please see CRNA (College of Registered Nurses of Alberta).
Registered Psychiatric Nurses
To become licensed as a RPN in Alberta, please see CRPNA (College of Psychiatric Nurses of Alberta)
Licensed Practical Nurses
To become licensed as an LPN in Alberta, please see CLPNA (College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta)
Abbreviations: MLT (Medical Laboratory Technologist), MLA (Medical Laboratory Assistant AKA Technician), UST (Sonographer / Ultrasound Radiographer), CLXT (Combined Lab & X-Ray Technologist)
Medical Radiation Technologist
- Alberta Society of Radiologists– ASR
- Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists– CAMRT
- American Registry Diagnostic Medical Sonographers– ARDMS
Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Alberta College of Medical Laboratory Technologists– ACMLT
- Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science– CSMLS
Please note: Membership in CSMLS is voluntary. The only exception applies to medical laboratory technologists (MLTs) who work in New Brunswick. The regulatory body, the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists, requires CSMLS membership as a condition of licensure. Some employers require CSMLS membership as a condition of employment.