Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and Registered Psychiatric Nurses
To become licensed as an RN in Ontario, please see CNO (College of Nurses of Ontario).
Licensed Practical Nurses
Please note that Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) are called Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) in Ontario. To become licensed as an RPN, please see WeRPN (Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario)
Abbreviations: MLT (Medical Laboratory Technologist), MLA (Medical Laboratory Assistant AKA Technician), UST (Sonographer / Ultrasound Radiographer), CLXT (Combined Lab & X-Ray Technologist)
Medical Radiation Technologist
- Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Technologists– OAMRT
- Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists– CAMRT
- American Registry Diagnostic Medical Sonographers– ARDMS
Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Ontario Society of Medical Technologists– OSMT
- Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science– CSMLS
Please note: Membership in CSMLS is voluntary. The only exception applies to medical laboratory technologists (MLTs) who work in New Brunswick. The regulatory body, the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists, requires CSMLS membership as a condition of licensure. Some employers require CSMLS membership as a condition of employment.