Permanent Employment Opportunity
The Northern Health Authority is hiring a REGISTERED NURSE, MED/SURG (FULL TIME) for their Chetwynd community.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
**This position qualifies for a Relocation Incentive**
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team.
Rural community hospitals provide a wide range of services and depending on the location may require the Registered Nurse to be competent in multiple clinical settings. This job description addresses various scenarios where nurses are required to work in one or more areas requiring advanced training & experience.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Registered Nurse practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as well as within a patient and family centered care model.
The Registered Nurse practices in a variety of clinical settings and is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of client care. Working in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse ensures the delivery of client–centered care by assisting individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs. The Registered Nurse demonstrates a specialized body of knowledge and bases practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities.
Shift Rotation/Hours of Work: Days, Nights – 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Blood Glucose Monitoring Certificates mandatory.
- One (1) year recent experience in assigned area of responsibility preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
- Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
- Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
- Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
- Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
- Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
- Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
- Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
**This position is in a community that qualifies for the Canadian Federal Government’s Loan Forgiveness program for under-served and remote communities! You could be eligible to apply for up to $20000 in student loan forgiveness!**
For more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/education/student-aid/grants-loans/repay/assistance/doctors-nurses/eligibility.html
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
The District of Chetwynd is located in the foothills of the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains. It is British Columbia’s entrance to the mighty Peace River Country. Located at the junction of Highways 97 and 29 and the CN Rail mainline. Chetwynd is the natural transportation hub of the Peace River area.
Chetwynd has a population of about 3,100 with a trading area of about 7,000 people. When not hard at work, the people of Chetwynd enjoy an excellent recreation complex with a wave pool, team-sized hot tub, sauna, six-sheet curling rink, ice arena and library. The four seasons combined with virgin forests, rolling hills, snow-capped mountains, undulating fields and crystal clear lakes and rivers make Chetwynd a playground for the nature lover and outdoor enthusiast. Good schools, playgrounds and fields make Chetwynd a terrific place to live and raise your family.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Wage between $36.23 – $47.58/hour
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days