Permanent Employment Opportunity
Quit searching for work-life balance… get paid $10,000 to find it! For a limited time, nurses who relocate to some of B.C.’s most beautiful rural and remote communities will receive a bonus $10,000 through the Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive program. The combination of shorter commutes, affordability, and breathtaking scenery in your new location means you will have time to explore the outdoors, master a new recipe, or simply catch up on your favourite show. Plus, take your career to the next level with $2,000 per year (for 4 years) to put toward professional development. Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive financial details Year 1 $10,000 in hand* Year 2 $2,000 toward professional development* Year 3 $2,000 toward professional development* Year 4 $2,000 toward professional development Year 5 $2,000 toward professional development * three-year return of service required*
What else do you receive with the Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive Position?
- Guaranteed ongoing full time employment within Northern Health.
- Relocation support may be available What else do I need to know?
- The Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive position is dependent on a three-year return of service
- Should a recipient of the Northern Remote incentive voluntarily leave NH during the three-year return of service agreement, they will be required to refund a portion of the incentive at a prorated rate (calculated on the basis of 1/36th of the total allowance for each month of the three-year return of service not yet served) I already work for NH. Can I take advantage of the Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive? The Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive supports nurses who have made an employment commitment to Northern BC remote communities. This opportunity is available to external hires to Northern Health and internal casuals who have not had regular status in the past year and would need to relocate outside of their current work location/community to take advantage of this opportunity.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Registered Nurse practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as well as within a patient and family centered care model.
The Registered Nurse practices in a variety of clinical settings and is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of client care. Working in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse ensures the delivery of client–centered care by assisting individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs. The Registered Nurse demonstrates a specialized body of knowledge and bases practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant (BCCNM).
Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area as required by the position:
Emergency: Advanced preparation in an ED clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education & experience. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years.
Perinatal: Advanced preparation in a Perinatal clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education & experience. Current Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 2 years. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years.
Operation Room: Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area (perioperative nursing) and one year recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment on an operating room similar in size and scope to the facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Note: Successful applicants will be provided with educational opportunities, including but not limited to, (ACLS), (PALS), (CTAS),(EPICC)
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Chetwynd is a district municipality located on the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in northeastern British Columbia, Canada. Situated on an ancient floodplain, it is the first town eastbound travelers encounter after emerging from the Rockies along Highway 97 and acts as the gateway to the Peace River Country.
There is plenty of fishing in the region. Trout, Pickerel, Grayling, Northern Pike and Dolly Varden. Hiking and biking is popular. During the winter months there is speed skating at the Rotary Park, snowmobiling in the eastern foothills of the Rocky Mountains plus ice fishing and hunting. Cross country skiing or down hill skiing is available at Powder King.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- Paid time off
- Extended Health care
- Vision Care
- Wage between $36.23 – $47.58
- Relocation costs amounts vary
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
- $10000 Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive ** three-year return of service required**
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days