Permanent Employment Opportunity
The Northern Health Authority is now hiring a REGISTERED NURSE, COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH & ADDICTIONS (FULL TIME) Location: Dawson Creek, BC
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join Dawson Creek & District Hospital.
The role is responsible to the Dawson Creek Addictions Clinical Team Leader with a dual reporting system to Dawson Creek Mental Health Team Leader. This position provides clinical assessment and interventions to clients experiencing problems related to both Mental Health and Addictions, developing interface between Addiction Services, inpatient and out-patient psychiatric services, providing clinical direction on client mental health needs, education and case management to the wider Hospital and Medical staff. This role includes the management of a caseload of adult clients with Concurrent Mental Health and Addictions issues, providing support to families and communities as required. He/she also participates in educational services, planning, program development, and policy recommendation. The incumbent will be expected to work within the framework of Harm Reduction in Substance use, promoting the benefits of this approach in collaborative work with collateral service providers. The role is defined by the needs of the professional expectations, agency expectations, population demands, the provision of programs and the goals for professional nursing practice.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: 4 days on, 4 days off – 08:00 to 19:15, 08:00 to 19:15, 08:00 to 19:15, 08:00 to 19:15
Dawson Creek & District Hospital is a 50-bed hospital that offers full service that includes inpatient care, emergency, respiratory, rehab, surgery, obstetrics & gynecology lab, medical imaging and cancer care. The hospital is the northeastern BC orthopedic and trauma centre. Visiting specialists in urology, dermatology and pediatrics is also available.
- Registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
- Additional training in adult education preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of Mental Health and Addictions Co-Morbidity and experience of working with clients with severe and enduring mental illness.
- Knowledge of addiction treatment methodology and community based programming.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong clinical assessment and formulation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in a psychiatric emergency situation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team and community partners.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
- Ability to use an electronic record system.
- Advanced computer skills preferred.
- Criminal Record Check.
- Valid driver’s License.
- Ability to travel as required.
**This position is in a community that qualifies for the Canadian Federal Government’s Loan Forgiveness program for under-served and remote communities! You could be eligible to apply for up to $20000 in student loan forgiveness!**
For more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/education/student-aid/grants-loans/repay/assistance/doctors-nurses/eligibility.html
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Dawson Creek is known as the Mile Zero City, as it marks the start of the Alaska Highway, a 2400 km long highway connecting Alaska and the Yukon to Western Canada and the United States. The town has an abundance of park land for the size of the community.
Dawson Creek and District Hospital is a full service facility:
- 26 acute-care beds
- 15 regional adult psychiatric beds
- Emergency department
- ICU – high acuity only, stabilize and transfer
- Medical and surgical inpatient care and day surgery
- Respiratory therapy
- Rehabilitation therapy
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Laboratory
- Medical Imaging (including CT)
- Cancer care
- Visiting specialists in urology, dermatology, and pediatrics.
- Orthopedic, and trauma center for Northeastern BC
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Wage between $36.23 – $47.58
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days