Permanent Employment Opportunity
The Northern Health Authority is now hiring an RN, Unit Manager – OR/PAR for Dawson Creek, BC.
Reporting to the Director of Patient Services, the Unit Manager is responsible and accountable for providing leadership in the managing of the Operating Room (OR), the Post Anaesthetic Recovery Room (PAR), and Booking Services. The Unit Manager supervise staff; oversees the day to day clinical operation within standards of Care and Best Practice; and manages financial resources to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the unit
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a clinical setting where relevant nursing skills and theoretical knowledge have been applied and teaching and management principles have been utilized, including a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a management capacity or an equivalent combination of training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- A competent clinical understanding of the applicable nursing unit to ensure development and monitoring of effective policies, procedures and clinical skills.
- Excellent leadership, organization, and problem solving skills to plan, direct, and manage nursing services on the nursing unit.
- Ability to act as a role model in creating a collaborative harmonious atmosphere.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, to maintain optimum working relationships with all hospital staff, outside agencies and the public.
- Budgeting and financial administration skills to ensure that services are provided within operating budget allocations.
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Welcome to Mile Zero! Dawson Creek is the point of origin of the Historic Alaska Highway, which stretches 2,400 km north to Fairbanks in Alaska.
Wide blue skies and the seemingly endless rolling foothills of the Northern Rockies dominates Dawson Creek. The town is a major transportation centre for the surrounding area, much of which is agricultural. Many of Dawson Creek’s residents are dependent on agriculture for their economy, and Dawson Creek honey is a much sought-after treat. Honey is available at the Farmer’s Market, along with a selection of farm produce, on Saturdays from May to September.
This is a friendly city, and the community is well known for the hospitality afforded the constant stream of visitors who stop to access the services of The Mile Zero City before beginning the great trek north.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- Paid time off
- Extended Health care
- Vision Care
- Wage between $45.90 – $55.32/hour
- Relocation costs amounts vary
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days