Permanent Employment Opportunity
The Northern Health Authority is now hiring a Registered Nurse, Oncology Specialty Clinic (Full Time).
In accordance with the Provincial Health Officer’s COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate, Northern Health requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Reporting to the Manager of Patient Care Services, provides, coordinates and implements nursing care service such as patient assessment, patient and family teaching, administration of chemotherapy and health promotion activities to cancer patients, in accordance with established policies, standards, procedures and philosophy at BC Cancer Agency. Plans, implements, delivers and evaluates programs and services in relation to – Intravenous Therapy assessment, education and treatment of patients of all ages who require IV Therapy; Education and support programs for those who care for patients requiring IV Therapy, and assist in clinical skills development of hospital and community based nurses.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- CNA Oncology Certification or eligibility.
- Clinical experience, within the last 2 years, in an Oncology/Outpatient Chemotherapy adult setting or 3 years Acute Care nursing experience in a specialty care Unit is required.
- British Columbia Cancer Agency Chemotherapy Certification or equivalent Chemotherapy certification from a recognized Cancer Agency.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to relate effectively to children, adults and their families.
- Ability to participate as a member of an interdisciplinary care team, and function as nursing resource team member.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Dawson Creek is known as the Mile Zero City, as it marks the start of the Alaska Highway, a 2400 km long highway connecting Alaska and the Yukon to Western Canada and the United States. The town has an abundance of park land for the size of the community. Dawson Creek has a population of 12,000 and serves as a major centre for 60,000 people from the surrounding area.
Facility Information, Dawson Creek Hospital provides:
- 26 acute-care beds
- 15 regional adult psychiatric beds
- Emergency department
- ICU – high acuity only, stabilize and transfer
- Medical and surgical inpatient care and day surgery
- Respiratory therapy
- Rehabilitation therapy
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Laboratory
- Medical Imaging (including CT)
- Cancer care
- Visiting specialists in urology, dermatology, and pediatrics.
- Orthopedic, and trauma centre for Northeastern BC
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- Paid time off
- Extended Health care
- Group Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Vision Care
- Wage between $36.23 – $47.58
- Relocation cost amounts vary
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days