Permanent Employment Opportunity
The Northern Health Authority is seeking a REGISTERED NURSE, PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (FULL TIME) for Dawson Creek, BC.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Are you ready to reach new heights and take your nursing career to the next level? Utilize your leadership, organization and problem solving skills while overseeing the day-to-day clinical operations at Dawson Creek & District Hospital.
The Patient Care Coordinator facilitates the admission, discharge and patient transfer processes and is responsible for coordinating patient/resident care when necessary. The role facilitates patient flow through the efficient allocation and utilization of beds, ensures adequate staffing levels and supports patients receiving quality care. The Patient Care Coordinator assists the Program Leaders in establishing and maintaining standards of patient care, and is responsible for coordinating the operations in the absence of managers, department heads and senior administrative personnel.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current registration with BCCNM
- Five years of recent acute care experience with one year supervisory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience in a supervisory role is an asset.
- NRP or willingness to complete within one year.
- ACLS/TNCC or willingness to complete in one year.
- PALS would be an asset.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated clinical competence and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
- Ability to promote a safe patient care environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Ability to maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients.
- Ability to deal with conflict and problem solve independently.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About Dawson Creek, BC!
Dawson Creek is a city in northeastern British Columbia, Canada. The municipality of 24.37 square kilometres had a population of 12,978 in 2016. Dawson Creek derives its name from the creek of the same name that runs through the community.
Dawson Creek has a number of indoor facilities such as the 25m, 8-lane Swimming Pool, which features the popular amenities of saunas & steam rooms, a hot tub, 1 & 3 metre diving boards, tots pool, water slide & leisure pool.
If you enjoy a walk on the wild side , you will appreciate the strategic location of Dawson Creek and the surrounding area to meet your outdoor and wilderness needs. While visiting Dawson Creek, don’t miss the waterfowl refuge at McQueen Slough.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Wage: $43.09 – $52.82/hour
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days