Permanent Employment Opportunity
The Northern Health Authority is now hiring a REGISTERED NURSE, ICU (FULL TIME)
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Nights – 07:30 to 19:30, 19:30 to 07:30
In accordance with the Provincial Health Officer’s COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate, Northern Health requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
**This position qualifies for a Relocation Incentive**
**This position is in a community that qualifies for the Canadian Federal Government’s Loan Forgiveness program for under-served and remote communities!
You could be eligible to apply for up to $20000 in student loan forgiveness!**
For more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/education/student-aid/grants-loans/repay/assistance/doctors-nurses/eligibility.html
Under the general direction of the Unit Manager, the ER/ICU RN provides direct nursing care to the Emergency, and Critical care patient according to established standards/policies. The ER/ICU RN identifies, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care to assist patients in meeting their physical, social, and psychological needs in the Emergency and Critical Care environment. Nursing practice is guided by the vision and values of Northern Health, BCCNM Standards of Nursing Practice and Code of Ethics. The Registered Nurse will use Northeast Health Services Area and Dawson Creek and District Hospital approved policies, procedures and protocols.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current Level C CPR certification. ACLS, CTAS required or acquired within twelve (12) months from date of hire.
- One years recent related experience working in an Emergency Department and / or a Critical Care Unit. Two years recent related medical/surgical experience or equivalent experiences
- Completion of; or willingness to enroll in a post-graduate Critical Care or Emergency Department Course.
- Up to date certification in TNCC and ENPC is an asset.
- Must be willing to attain in house certification courses as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Make and apply nursing judgment using analytical skills.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Interact with others effectively.
- Maintain the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Maintain own physical, mental and emotional well being.
- Using Critical Thinking skills, prioritize and organize patient care.
- Operate related equipment.
- Teach and provide clinical supervision.
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Dawson Creek is known as the Mile Zero City, as it marks the start of the Alaska Highway, a 2400 km long highway connecting Alaska and the Yukon to Western Canada and the United States. The town has an abundance of park land for the size of the community.
Dawson Creek and District Hospital is a full service facility:
- 26 acute-care beds
- 15 regional adult psychiatric beds
- Emergency department
- ICU – high acuity only, stabilize and transfer
- Medical and surgical inpatient care and day surgery
- Respiratory therapy
- Rehabilitation therapy
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Laboratory
- Medical Imaging (including CT)
- Cancer care
- Visiting specialists in urology, dermatology, and pediatrics.
- Orthopedic, and trauma center for Northeastern BC
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Wage between $36.23 – $47.58
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days