Permanent Employment Opportunity
Are you interested in an opportunity to grow professionally within a positive and progressive culture? At Northern Health we build for the future. Acquiring and retaining high-quality diverse talent is a high priority for our organization’s success.
The Northern Health Authority is hiring multiple RN’s for their Dawson Creek community.
They have the following RN opportunities:
RN – Psychiatry
RN – CDU
RN – Community Mental Health & Addictions
RN – Critical Care
RN – ICU
RN – ER
RN – ICU/ER
RN – Maternity
RN – PACU
RN – Primary Care
RN – Med/Surg
Necessary skills include:
- Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
- Communication-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
- Critical Thinking-Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
- Person and Family Centered Practice – Ability to promote person-focused care that demonstrates care for and with people and their families/significant others within the context of their community, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Teaching people and their families-Knowledge of adult learning principles & facilitation skills to effectively educate people and others about topics essential to health care and well-being. Also able to teach, mentor and support the learning of students and colleagues.
- Management-Effectively manages time and resources to support service delivery. Implements activities such as team huddles and other activities to promote communication, cooperation and collaboration across disciplines to facilitate continuity of care.
- Leadership-Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
- Knowledge Integration-Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice. Understands epidemiological principles, status indicators that measure the health of the northern population. Population, Public Health and Harm Reduction Approach – develops a core set of population & public health attitudes and values Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Dawson Creek is the southernmost terminus of the Alaska Highway in the Northern British Columbia region, and for this reason it is sometimes called, “Mile 0 City”. It is also the westernmost terminus of the Northern Alberta Railway. The community has a lot of cultural significance to Canada which can be seen by exploring one of the many heritage activities. Enjoy a self-guided, historic walking tour of the area and experience numerous murals on the walls of the city buildings, displaying the city’s historic, vibrant, and quirky past.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
• Medical/Dental Benefits
• Paid time off
• Extended Health care
• Vision Care
• Wage between $36.23 – $47.58
• Relocation costs amounts vary
• Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
• Faster response time on your offers.
• Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
• We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
• We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
• Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
• You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
• Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
• Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
• Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Include your potential starting date
• Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days