Permanent Employment Opportunity
LPN Permanent Position – Cerwydden, Duncan, BC
Pro Vita is looking for an experienced LPN with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Responsibilities:
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures. Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Supports emergency staff scheduling, as required.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Practical Nurses program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNP.
- Registered with BCCNM as an LPN.
- Maintains a Valid First Aid.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
- 1-2 years’ experience in a complex care site is preferred.
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About Duncan, BC!
Situated in the heart of the scenic Cowichan Valley where wineries and culinary delights tantalize your senses, is the city of Duncan, with an abundance of attractions and outdoor activities to offer the discerning traveller. The BC Forest Discovery Centre, a 100-acre open-air living museum, lets you explore the history of BC’s forest industry. The Quw’utsun’ Cultural Centre provides visitors with an authentic First Nations Experience. Just south is picture-perfect Cowichan Bay Village, situated on the water with stunning views and sunsets. Cottages, shops and restaurants are built on stilts over the water’s edge. Bird watchers come to explore the Cowichan Estuary Nature Centre where Great Blue Herons nest in trees. Get up close to birds of prey at the Raptor Centre, a premier area attraction. Take a walking tour of the region and view one of the world’s largest collection of totem poles. For outdoor recreation, hiking, biking, boating, fishing, golfing and more are all here.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Wage: $26.39/hour
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired. Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days