Permanent Employment Opportunity
The Northern Health Authority is hiring a full time Med/Surg LPN for their Ft Nelson community.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
**This position qualifies for a Relocation Incentive**
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Licensed Practical Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team.
Under the direction of the Unit/Program Manager or designate and in collaboration as a member of a multidisciplinary team, performs assessments, plans and provides personal care, and performs nursing procedures. The LPN functions in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives and according to agency operating policies and standards and unit specific protocols.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Evenings – 07:00 to 15:18, 15:00 to 23:00
Fort Nelson General Hospital is a nine acute bed hospital with seven long-term care beds. Services include laboratory, medical imaging, community counselling, basic obstetrics and minor surgery. Visiting specialists in obstetrics, pediatrics, massage therapy, acupuncture and physiotherapy is also available. Fort Nelson also has dental clinics, pharmacies, a health unit, drug and alcohol programs, counselling services, child and youth programs, and several support groups and organizations.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with residents, families, co-workers, members of the multidisciplinary team and the public.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work and implement a plan of care.
- Knowledge and competencies to work at full scope of practice as currently required by the BCCMN including administering medications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
**This position is in a community that qualifies for the Canadian Federal Government’s Loan Forgiveness program for under-served and remote communities! You could be eligible to apply for up to $20000 in student loan forgiveness!**
For more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/education/student-aid/grants-loans/repay/assistance/doctors-nurses/eligibility.html
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Fort Nelson is located in the northernmost region of the Rocky Mountains and has a family and recreation-oriented community of 3,366 (2021) people. The country around Fort Nelson is vast and has an abundance of rivers, mountains, hot springs and wildlife viewing for the adventure seeker. Check out Fort Nelson for more information for those who want a slower pace lifestyle.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Wage between $28.43 – $32.98/hour
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days