Permanent Employment Opportunity
The Northern Health Authority is now hiring a Registered Nurse, OR/PACU/Endoscopy for their Ft St John community.
In accordance with the Provincial Health Officer’s COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate, Northern Health requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
**This position qualifies for a Relocation Incentive**
Under the direction of the Operating room Head Nurse, the OR/P.A.R. nurse provides direct nursing care to the peri-operative patient according to established standards/policies and provides work direction to nursing and non-nursing staff as required. The OR/P.A.R. nurse assesses the physical and psychological needs; plans, implements, evaluating and documents the nursing care for the patient during the peri-operative process, and the immediate post-operative period. Nursing responsibilities include scheduled on call responsibilities.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Discharge from P.A.R. Certificates mandatory.
- One year recent experience in the Operating Room/Post-Anesthetic Room.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment such as blood pressure and oxygen saturation monitor, hydrotherapy blanket, operative instruments, endoscopes and scope washer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specialized procedures and techniques such as scrub, circulating and Post-Anesthetic and Endoscope Room nursing care.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of aseptic technique.
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Fort St. John is a city located in northeastern British Columbia, Canada. The most populous municipality in the Peace River Regional District, the city encompasses a total area of about 22 square kilometers with 20,155 residents recorded in the 2016 Census.
With a population of 21,000 and growing with the city itself, Fort St. John is the largest city in Northeastern BC. Fort St. John is not only the largest city in the Northeast Region of BC; it is also the largest city in British Columbia situated along the world-famous Alaska Highway. If you are driving the highway, we invite you to stop in and explore all that Fort St. John has to offer. You won’t be disappointed!
Ft St. John Hospital provides:
- 44 acute-care beds
- 124 residential care beds in Peace Villa, the adjoining residential care facility
- Endoscopy suite, two state-of-the-art operating rooms plus procedure room
- Ambulatory clinics, including cancer clinics and hemodialysis
- Medical and surgical inpatient rooms (40 beds)
- 3 intensive care units
- Minor surgeries
- We have 7 single maternity rooms for labour, delivery and post-partum
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Relocation Incentive!
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- Paid time off
- Extended Health care
- Group Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Vision Care
- Wage between $36.23 – $47.58/hour
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days