Permanent Employment Opportunity
The Northern Health Authority is hiring an EMERGENCY/AMBULATORY CARE (FULL TIME)
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
**This position qualifies for a Relocation Incentive**
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team.
Reporting to the Unit Manager Emergency/ Ambulatory Care, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities of patients presenting in the Emergency Department. Also provides nursing care, assistance and relief to all nursing areas including ICU; Maternity; Med/Surg and Ambulatory Care within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the Fort St. John Hospital & Health Centre mission statement. The role is defined by the needs of the Hospital, a select patient/family population, agency expectations and the goals for professional nursing practice.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Nights – 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00
Fort St. John Hospital is a 46-bed hospital with 115 residential care beds in the adjoining Peace Villa Care Home. They have two state of the art operating rooms, ambulatory clinics including cancer care and hemodialysis, emergency and ICU, a birthing centre with single maternity rooms for labour, delivery and post-partum.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as a practicing RN registrant.
- Acquires and maintains skill certification in the following: A.C.L.S., CPR, Neonatal Resuscitation, IV therapy, Blood Glucose Monitoring, Ventilator and basic Cardiac Monitoring.
- Three (3) years’ full-time recent acute care experience involving intensive care, obstetrics and emergency or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position/
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to teach.
- Ability to initiate and work independently.
- Ability to apply critical problem solving.
- Ability to react/respond under pressure.
- Demonstrated knowledge of special procedures and techniques such as I.V. infusions of medications.
**This position is in a community that qualifies for the Canadian Federal Government’s Loan Forgiveness program for under-served and remote communities! You could be eligible to apply for up to $20000 in student loan forgiveness!**
For more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/education/student-aid/grants-loans/repay/assistance/doctors-nurses/eligibility.html
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
With a population of 21,000 and growing with the city itself, Fort St. John is the largest city in Northeastern BC. Fort St. John is not only the largest city in the Northeast Region of BC; it is also the largest city in British Columbia situated along the world-famous Alaska Highway. If you are driving the highway, we invite you to stop in and explore all that Fort St. John has to offer. You won’t be disappointed!
Fort St. John is “The Energetic City” for good reason. The title reflects not only our large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture, but also the vitality of our residents who are, on average, 8.8 years younger than the average population in the rest of the province. Modern day pioneers continue to bring a fresh spirit of exploration, innovation and connection to community within our city.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Wage between $36.23 – $47.58/hour
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days