Permanent Employment Opportunity
Extendicare is hiring a RN for their Hamilton, ON facility.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living center’s, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assist in assessing residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
- Assist in preparing the Facility for RAI MDS.
- Take charge of the Facility in the absence of the Director of Care.
- Staff replacement in the absence of the care clerk.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Previous managerial experience in long-term care preferred.
- Experience dealing with the cognitively impaired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as Knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to see the ‘big picture’, and generate creative solutions.
- Organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About Hamilton, ON!
Hamilton is a Canadian port city on the western tip of Lake Ontario. The Niagara Escarpment, a huge, forested ridge known locally as “the mountain” and dotted with conservation areas and waterfalls, divides the city. The long-distance Bruce Trail runs along the escarpment.
Hamilton is located less than an hour west of Canada’s largest city (Toronto) in Southern Ontario- Canada’s most densely populated and economically advanced region- and under an hour away from five major border crossings to the United States of America. Within a 1 hour drive of Hamilton is a workforce of over 2 Million people.
The city is close to major business hubs, ports of entry, and Canada’s busiest international airport. The Port of Hamilton is the busiest in all of the Canadian Great Lakes, and the Hamilton International Airport is the busiest overnight express cargo airport in the country.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- Wage between $30.59 – 46.31/hour
- Sign on bonus!
- New grads will be considered
- Paid site visit (if requested, after successful interview)
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days