Permanent Employment Opportunity
The Northern Health Authority is now hiring a REGISTERED NURSE, PRIMARY CARE (FULL TIME) Location: Hazelton, BC
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Are you interested in being part of a team that provides person and family centred care? Join the interprofessional team in Hazelton and be a part of something new and exciting.
In accordance with Northern Health’s vision of an idealized system of services built on a foundation of Primary Care where people and their families receive primary care services in Primary Care Homes supported by interprofessional teams, the Primary Care Nurse (PCN) practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCN).
The Primary Care Nurse (PCN) functions as a member of the interprofessional team and applies best practices to provide competent, safe and ethical care for people and their families in settings such as physician practices, homes, schools and communities. The PCN provides care that includes clinical follow up according to the person’s primary Care Plan and the person’s personal goals of care to inform plans of care developed collaboratively with the Interprofessional Team. The Primary Care Nurse will provide direct clinical care and services to individuals, groups and communities.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Monday to Friday; 08:00 to 16:00
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
- Three years recent, related clinical nursing experience in primary care nursing and/or chronic disease management settings, including experience developing and providing formal education to patients, families, the general public, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Current valid B.C. Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
- Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
- Communication-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
- Critical Thinking-Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
- Person and Family Centered Practice – Ability to promote person-focused care that demonstrates care for and with people and their families/significant others within the context of their community, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Teaching people and their families-Knowledge of adult learning principles & facilitation skills to effectively educate people and others about topics essential to health care and well-being. Also able to teach, mentor and support the learning of students and colleagues.
- Management-Effectively manages time and resources to support service delivery. Implements activities such as team huddles and other activities to promote communication, cooperation and collaboration across disciplines to facilitate continuity of care.
- Leadership-Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
- Knowledge Integration-Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice. Understands epidemiological principles, status indicators that measure the health of the northern population.
- Population, Public Health and Harm Reduction Approach – develops a core set of population & public health attitudes and values Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About Hazelton, BC!
Hazelton is a village located at the junction of the Bulkley and Skeena Rivers in northern British Columbia, Canada. It was founded in 1866 and in 2011 had a population of 305. The nearby larger community of New Hazelton is the northernmost point of the Yellowhead Highway, a major interprovincial highway which runs from Prince Rupert, British Columbia, to Portage la Prairie, Manitoba.
The Hazelton area comprises two municipalities (the Village of Hazelton and District of New Hazelton), three unincorporated settlements (South Hazelton, Two Mile and the Kispiox Valley), four First Nations’ villages: three of which are of the Gitxsan people (Gitanmaax, Glen Vowell and Kispiox) and A Wetʼsuwetʼen people, the Hagwilget.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Wage between $36.23 – $47.58
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days