Permanent Employment Opportunity
The Northern Health Authority is now hiring a REGISTERED NURSE MED/SURG (FULL TIME) Location: Kitimat, BC
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
**This position qualifies for a relocation incentive**
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our nursing team at Kitimat General Hospital.
Under the direction of the Unit Manager of the Nurse in Charge of the Acute Care Unit, is responsible for the total nursing care rendered to the patients in her/his charge, and participation in the general activities of the Acute Care Unit. Work areas include Medical Surgical, Pediatrics, Maternity, Special Care, Palliative Care and Emergency Outpatients.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00
Kitimat General Hospital is a 19 acute bed hospital with a full range of services. Some services provided are emergency, laboratory, diagnostic imaging, outpatient chemotherapy clinic, physiotherapy, diabetes and chronic disease management. Regular rotation of visiting specialists in internal medicine, urology, otorhinolaryngology (ENT), dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, and radiology.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Previous experience in all levels of care.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certificate preferred.
- Previous experience in Maternity preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Kitimat is a district municipality in the North Coast region of British Columbia, Canada. It is a member municipality of the Regional District of Kitimat–Stikine regional government.
World-class fishing, stunning views, majestic wildlife and endless trails and backcountry. People come to Kitimat to enjoy more of the things they love.
Renowned for being a marvel of nature and industry, Kitimat is situated in a spectacular natural setting, enveloped in the beauty of British Columbia’s pristine north coast mountains.
There are unlimited options for outdoor adventures, and anywhere you go, you will enjoy fresh air and breathtaking views.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Wage between $36.23 – $47.58
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days