Permanent Employment Opportunity
Extendicare is hiring a Wellness Nurse, LPN for it’s Moosejaw, SK location.
- Registration with the relevant provincial licensing body
- 1-year Retirement Home experience
- 1-2 years Clinical Experience
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the Saskatchewan Association of Licensed Practical Nurses and/or provincial requirement
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
- Works closely with the Director of Wellness & Attending Physicians
- Assists with assessing all resident needs and planning, implementing and evaluating the care program
- Provide professional nursing care to all residents
- Coordination of care with internal and external stakeholders
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Moose Jaw is the fourth largest city in Saskatchewan, Canada. Lying on the Moose Jaw River in the south-central part of the province, it is situated on the Trans-Canada Highway, 77 km (48 mi) west of Regina. Residents of Moose Jaw are known as Moose Javians. The city is surrounded by the Rural Municipality of Moose Jaw No. 161.
Moose Jaw is an industrial centre and important railway junction for the area’s agricultural produce. CFB Moose Jaw is a NATO flight training school, and is home to the Snowbirds, Canada’s military aerobatic air show flight demonstration team. Moose Jaw also has a casino and geothermal spa.
Why is Moosejaw Canada’s Most Notorious City? To truly know, you have to visit our charming downtown, where gangsters and rumrunners used to operate right under the noses of a shady police chief. You have to explore our wide open spaces, like where the Besant people lived in the Indigenous healing vortex that is now known as Wakamow Valley.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Medical/Dental Plan
- Wage $31.52/hour
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days