Permanent Employment Opportunity
Carrier Sekani Family Services is hiring a full time, Primary Care RN for Prince George, and the 11 First Nation communities they serve.
The Primary Care program is an integrated interdisciplinary team of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Community Health Nurses, Mental Health and Addiction counsellors, Allied Health Professionals, Care Aides and Medical Office Assistants. The program provides access to an innovative healthcare service delivery model to the First Nation Communities we serve.
The purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive primary health care to our patient population, supporting CSFS’s vision of integrated services, working collaboratively with multidisciplinary team members. Within the scope of practice of the Registered Nurses in British Columbia, the Primary Care Nurse will focus on health promotion, disease prevention, rehabilitative care, supportive care, administration, research, data management, and quality assurance. The Primary Care Nurse provides a vital link in the continuity of care between physicians and Nurse Practitioners and Community Health Nurses working with the teams and providing follow-up/ coordination support when practitioners are not in the community. The Primary Nurse also plays a vital role in assisting marginalized populations, including youth, to access care and connect unattached patients to a provider.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and/or Registered Nurse;
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Acceptable experience in a clinical health setting or cross-cultural health promotion field;
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) course
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities/Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of First Nations Culture and traditions (specifically Carrier and Sekani)
- Skills in the apply nursing process as required and described in CRNBC’s “Standards of Nursing Practice.”
- Demonstrated clinical competence
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team, with other staff, and with patients/clients and their caregivers/families
- Demonstrated conflict resolution, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to utilize sound judgment, good observation and assessment skills, tact and empathy
- Research and data management skills
- Ability to intervene in crisis or difficult situations
- Ability to organize and prioritize service needs and delivery of service
- Demonstrated compliance with patient confidentiality
- Ability to foster and promote good public relations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work with others, including marginalized populations, effectively
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Prince George is a city in British Columbia, Canada, on the Fraser and Nechako rivers. The Central British Columbia Railway and Forestry Museum displays old trains. Contemporary Canadian art is on show at Two Rivers Gallery. The Exploration Place has hands-on science exhibits. Beyond town, trails wind through wildlife-rich Eskers Provincial Park and Fort George Canyon Provincial Park, with its dramatic whirlpools.
Prince George is the largest city in northern British Columbia, with a population of 74,004 in the metropolitan area. It is often called the province’s “Northern Capital” or sometimes the “Spruce Capital” because it is the hub city for Northern BC.
Fishing in Prince George offers a multitude of opportunities for trout, char and grayling. Its location makes the city a natural gateway and a great place to start an exploration of some of the wildest places to be found on the planet.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Medical/Dental Benefits (permanent staff)
- Relocation costs paid
- Wage between $39.70 – $48.84/hour
- Licensing fees paid if relocating from out of province
- Sign on bonus offered (dependent upon candidate qualifications)
- Site visit offered (after successful interview)
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days