Permanent Employment Opportunity
Surgical Centers Inc. is seeking 1 OR Nurse and 1 PACU Nurse for their facilities in Victoria, BC and Regina, SK. Dynamic operating room staff required for surgical facility (pediatric dental, plastics, orthopedics, Ophthalmology). Operating Room staff required for surgical facility (pediatric dental, plastics, orthopedics, Ophthalmology). Recovery Room staff required for surgical facility (pediatric dental, orthopedics, Plastics).
Necessary skills include:
- Preparing patients for surgery.
- Assisting in surgery, assisting surgical teams, scrub and circulating roles.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment, standing for long periods and attention to detail.
- Receive the patient from the operating room and assess patient upon arrival in the recovery room.
- Establish and maintain patient airway- administer oxygen as needed, suction PRN and manage airway.
- Monitor vital signs and record.
- Check dressings, flow drains, packing, etc.
- Assess level of consciousness, colour, movement, and pulse and record.
- Record temperature.
- Assure patient is comfortable- cover with blanket.
- Assess and record any patient discomfort.
- Administer analgesics as necessary and record.
- The Victoria, BC facility requires formal perioperative and/or critical care training.
- The Regina, BC facility will accept experience in lieu of formal training.
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About Victoria, BC!
Adorned with flowers and colonial architecture, Victoria is a wanderer’s paradise. Admire the beauty of the ocean and reflect on the area’s history as you explore this vibrant city where students and politicians alike get around by bike.
Vancouver Island and Victoria’s rich and fascinating history is rooted in Indigenous culture stretching back thousands of years, and British and Asian traditions since the mid 1800s. These influences echo proudly through Victoria’s amazing architecture, heritage sites, museums, gardens, galleries, markets and cultural celebrations.
About Regina, SK!
Regina, Saskatchewan’s capital city, is a unique blend – home to a 100-year-old symphony orchestra and the nation’s most passionate sporting enthusiasts. From our serene park created at the heart of the city to exhilarating events and festivals to fascinating museums, galleries, heritage and science centers – Come work and play in Regina where you’ll find something for everyone!
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Relocation Bonus Negotiable (up to $3000)
- Annual Licensing Fees Paid
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- Wage between $40 – $50/hour
- Site visit offered (if requested and after successful interview)
- Temporary housing negotiable (3 months paid rent, up to $5000)
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days