Permanent Employment Opportunity
The role is responsible to the Dawson Creek Addictions Clinical Team Leader with a dual reporting system to Dawson Creek Mental Health Team Leader. This position provides clinical assessment and interventions to clients experiencing problems related to both Mental Health and Addictions, developing interface between Addiction Services, inpatient and out-patient psychiatric services, providing clinical direction on client mental health needs, education and case management to the wider Hospital and Medical staff. This role includes the management of a caseload of adult clients with Concurrent Mental Health and Addictions issues, providing support to families and communities as required. He/she also participates in educational services, planning, program development, and policy recommendation. The incumbent will be expected to work within the framework of Harm Reduction in Substance use, promoting the benefits of this approach in collaborative work with collateral service providers. The role is defined by the needs of the professional expectations, agency expectations, population demands, the provision of programs and the goals for professional nursing practice.
- Registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
- Additional training in adult education preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of Mental Health and Addictions Co-Morbidity and experience of working with clients with severe and enduring mental illness.
- Knowledge of addiction treatment methodology and community based programming.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong clinical assessment and formulation skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in a psychiatric emergency situation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team and community partners.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
- Ability to use an electronic record system.
- Advanced computer skills preferred.
- Criminal Record Check.
- Valid driver’s License.
- Ability to travel as required.
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Dawson Creek is the southernmost terminus of the Alaska Highway in the Northern British Columbia region, and for this reason it is sometimes called, “Mile 0 City”. It is also the westernmost terminus of the Northern Alberta Railway. The community has a lot of cultural significance to Canada which can be seen by exploring one of the many heritage activities. Enjoy a self-guided, historic walking tour of the area and experience numerous murals on the walls of the city buildings, displaying the city’s historic, vibrant, and quirky past.
The community has a lot of cultural significance to Canada which can be seen by exploring one of the many heritage activities. Enjoy a self-guided, historic walking tour of the area and experience numerous murals on the walls of the city buildings, displaying the city’s historic, vibrant, and quirky past. Tour the Railway Station Museum to learn about the history of the region. Visit the Dawson Creek Art Gallery to see exhibits featuring the culture of the area. Explore the Alaska Highway house and the Walter Wright Pioneer house to get a glimpse of life in a boomtown.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- Paid time off
- Extended Health care
- Vision Care
- Wage between $36.23 – $47.58/hour
- Relocation costs amounts vary
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days