Permanent Employment Opportunity
The Northern Health Authority is seeking a Site Coordinator – Southside Health & Wellness Centre, Burns Lake, BC (southside)
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The Site Coordinator, Southside Health & Wellness Centre (SHWC) coordinates, initiates, monitors and evaluates the delivery of quality patient/client care as a member of an integrated interdisciplinary team for the SHWC. This position’s primary role is to consult and collaborate with the SHWC Board of Directors for the delivery of services at the SHWC. The incumbent participates in the direct delivery of client services, develops and monitors program policies and procedures and serves as a liaison with Chronic Disease Management and Prevention Coordinators, Community Advisory Groups, Ministry of Health, and other Primary Health Care sites, hospitals and facilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing plus five (5) to seven (7) years experience in rural health care including three (3) years in a management position, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current health care issues and trends.
- Knowledge of health promotion principles and broader determinants of health.
- Knowledge of rural communities, including First Nations, and an ability to conduct needs assessments.
- Knowledge of social and economic issues and their implications for health planning.
- Ability to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate service programs.
- Knowledge of quality improvement principles and processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels.
- Ability to work effectively, collaboratively and cooperatively with groups, individuals and organizations towards the attainment of mutual goals.
- Ability to foster teamwork and commitment to excellence in the provision of client focused care.
- Effective financial and human resource management skills.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities or unforeseen circumstances.
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and direction to others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and balance multiple activities concurrently.
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
The Southside is located in central British Columbia, Canada. It is bordered by Francois Lake, the second longest natural lake in the province, and to the south by Ootsa Lake which forms the reservoir for Alcan Aluminum’s power house and smelter in Kitimat BC. The Southside area is part of what is refered to as the Lakes District contains many, many lakes and a large variety of landscapes. The Southside also contains several small communities, some dating back to the early 1900’s. The area is comprised primarily of ranching, farming and forestry.
Access to the Southside is via Highway 35 south from Burns Lake BC and a short ferry ride on the “Francois Forester” , a free regularly scheduled vehicle ferry the crosses Francois Lake between the North Shore (Francois Lake) and Southbank..
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive!
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Wage between $39.91 – $49.89/hour
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why Apply Through Solutions Staffing Inc.?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
How to Apply!
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days