Permanent Employment Opportunity
*REGISTERED NURSE, RURAL/REMOTE NURSING INCENTIVE – PRIMARY CARE (FULL TIME) – Tumbler Ridge, BC, Northern Health Authority*
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
**This position qualifies for a Relocation Incentive**
In accordance with Northern Health’s vision of an idealized system of services built on a foundation of Primary Care where people and their families receive primary care services in Primary Care Homes supported by interprofessional teams, the Primary Care Nurse (PCN) practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCN).
The Primary Care Nurse (PCN) functions as a member of the interprofessional team and applies best practices to provide competent, safe and ethical care for people and their families in settings such as physician practices, homes, schools and communities. The PCN provides care that includes clinical follow up according to the person’s primary Care Plan and the person’s personal goals of care to inform plans of care developed collaboratively with the Interprofessional Team. The Primary Care Nurse will provide direct clinical care and services to individuals, groups and communities.
**Quit searching for work-life balance… get paid $10,000 to find it!**
For a limited time, nurses who relocate to some of B.C.’s most beautiful rural and remote communities will receive a bonus $10,000 through the Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive program. The combination of shorter commutes, affordability, and breathtaking scenery in your new location means you will have time to explore the outdoors, master a new recipe, or simply catch up on your favourite show.
Plus, take your career to the next level with $2,000 per year (for 4 years) to put toward professional development. Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive financial details Year 1 $10,000 in hand* Year 2 $2,000 toward professional development* Year 3 $2,000 toward professional development* Year 4 $2,000 toward professional development Year 5 $2,000 toward professional development * three-year return of service required
Who is eligible for this opportunity:
- External hires to Northern Health
- Internal casuals that do not hold a permanent position with Northern Health
- Would need to relocate outside of their current work location/community
What else do you receive with the Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive Position?
- Guaranteed ongoing full time employment within Northern Health.
- Relocation support may be available
What else do I need to know?
- The Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive position is dependent on a three-year return of service
- Should a recipient of the Northern Remote incentive voluntarily leave NH during the three-year return of service agreement, they will be required to refund a portion of the incentive at a prorated rate (calculated on the basis of 1/36th of the total allowance for each month of the three-year return of service not yet served)
- The Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive supports nurses who have made an employment commitment to Northern BC remote communities
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
- Three years recent, related clinical nursing experience in primary care nursing and/or chronic disease management settings, including experience developing and providing formal education to patients, families, the general public, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Current valid B.C. Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
- Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
- Communication-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
- Critical Thinking-Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
- Person and Family Centered Practice – Ability to promote person-focused care that demonstrates care for and with people and their families/significant others within the context of their community, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Teaching people and their families-Knowledge of adult learning principles & facilitation skills to effectively educate people and others about topics essential to health care and well-being. Also able to teach, mentor and support the learning of students and colleagues.
- Management-Effectively manages time and resources to support service delivery. Implements activities such as team huddles and other activities to promote communication, cooperation and collaboration across disciplines to facilitate continuity of care.
- Leadership-Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
- Knowledge Integration-Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice. Understands epidemiological principles, status indicators that measure the health of the northern population.
- Population, Public Health and Harm Reduction Approach – develops a core set of population & public health attitudes and values Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
**This position is in a community that qualifies for the Canadian Federal Government’s Loan Forgiveness program for under-served and remote communities! You could be eligible to apply for up to $20000 in student loan forgiveness!**
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Tumbler Ridge is a dream destination for the outdoor enthusiast. Made up of waterfalls, unique rock formations, alpine meadows and lakes, canyons, mountain summits, caves and more to discover! What will you discover in Tumbler Ridge?
Tumbler Ridge is a district municipality in the foothills of the B.C. Rockies in northeastern British Columbia, Canada, and a member municipality of the Peace River Regional District. With a population of 1,987 living in a townsite.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Relocation Incentive!
- 10,000 Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive program!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Wage between $36.23 – $47.58/hour
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days