Permanent Employment Opportunity
The Northern Health Authority is now hiring a LPN LONG TERM/COMPLEX CARE (FULL TIME) Location: Vanderhoof, BC
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Licensed Practical Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our nursing team in Vanderhoof, BC.
Works within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with the standards, scope and code of ethics as outlined by BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and vision and values of the Northern Health. Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor or designate, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the Licensed Practical Nurse applies Nursing Process, performs assessments, plans, provides nursing care, and may provide direction to other staff.
The LPN operates in accordance with the expected competencies within the Entry to Practice Competencies, Scope of Practice and Standards of Practice as outlined by BCCNM, as well as within a client and family centered care model and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.
- One (1) year of recent, related acute care or residential experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills within a specific clinical specialty or patient population dependent on the nature of the caseload (e.g. acute care, gerontology, palliative, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to assign care and share knowledge with the multidisciplinary team, clients and families
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize; and ability to initiate and implement a plan of care.
- Ability to operate related equipment including proficiency in relevant computer applications.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Vanderhoof is a district municipality that lies near the geographical centre of British Columbia, Canada. It has a population of roughly 4,500 residents within town limits. Due to nearby rural communities without services, Vanderhoof actually supports nearly 10,000 people.
Vanderhoof is a district municipality along Yellowhead Highway 16 in Northern British Columbia. The area is surrounded by a beautiful natural landscape, with numerous natural habitats. The many bird species that inhabit this region can be viewed at the Migratory Bird Sanctuary. Outdoor activities in the area include hiking, fishing, and hunting. Additionally, the regions rich culture and history can be experience in the Vanderhoof Heritage Museum.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Wage between $28.43 – $32.98/hour
- Temporary housing, if available, may be negotiated
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days