Permanent Employment Opportunity
Carrier Sekani Family Services is hiring full time, part time, and casual Community Health RN’s for their Vanderhoof and Burns Lake, BC communities.
The Primary Care program is an integrated interdisciplinary team of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Community Health Nurses, Care Aides and Medical Office Assistants. The program provides access to an innovative model of healthcare service delivery (Primary care, public health and home and community care) to the 11 First Nation Communities we serve.
Job Description/Purpose of Position:
The Community Health Nurse [CHN] provides community health promotion services that promote the prevention of disease, maintenance of health and the overall health and well-being of individuals, families and the community.
The Community Health Nurse initiates treatment including health care management and therapeutic interventions in accordance with nursing statutory and regulatory standards, limits, and conditions, and employer policies and procedures.
The CHN collaborates with patients/clients/residents and other health professionals to identify and assess trends and patterns that have implications for patients/clients/residents, families and communities; develops and implements population and evidence based strategies to improve health and participates in policy-making activities that influence health services and practices.
The CHN participates in peer review and self-review to evaluate the quality of outcomes of services at the patient/client/resident, community and population level.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and/or Registered Nurse;
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Basic Life Support, Level “C” certificate
- Acceptable experience in a clinical health setting or cross-cultural health promotion field;
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) course
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Vanderhoof is a district municipality that lies near the geographical centre of British Columbia, Canada. It has a population of roughly 4,500 residents within town limits. Due to nearby rural communities without services, Vanderhoof actually supports nearly 10,000 people.
Vanderhoof is known for its bird sanctuary along the Nechako River. Many Canada Geese, swans, and other migratory birds pass through Vanderhoof during their annual migration. The Nechako is home to a number of fish species, including salmon and the endangered Nechako White Sturgeon.
Burns Lake is a rural village in the North-western-Central Interior of British Columbia, Canada, incorporated in 1923. The village has a population of 1,779 according to the 2016 Census.
As the heart of the Lakes District, Burns Lake is a place of spectacular views, warm people and endless opportunity.
Surrounded by nearly 5,000 kilometres of pristine shoreline, our community offers stunning scenery, pure tranquility, exciting outdoor recreation and a healthy lifestyle.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Medical/Dental Benefits (permanent staff)
- Relocation costs paid
- Wage between $39.70 – $48.84/hour
- Licensing fees paid if relocating from out of province
- Sign on bonus offered (dependent upon candidate qualifications)
- Site visit offered (after successful interview)
- New grads will be considered
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days