Permanent Employment Opportunity
RN opportunity in Viking, AB, which still has an affordable housing market. housing prices range from $109,900 to $319,000 and is only 1.5 hour drive from Edmonton and 40 minutes to Vegreville, AB.
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Candidates are invited to apply for the permanent .9 FTE Registered Nurse position (must be willing to work weekends, days, evenings and nights) detailed below ay Extendicare Viking, a 60-bed Long Term Care facility located in Viking, Alberta.
Reporting to the Director of Care, RNs use critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills to provide compassionate and safe patient care.
- Planning and organizing work
- Problem solving
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Recording and reporting skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Specialty skills (ie: IV, Palliative)
- Proficiency with computers
- Comprehensive knowledge in areas of wound management, infection control, dementia care, least restraint, and zero lift practices
Qualification and Experience:
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program
- Active or eligible registration with CARNA
- 1-year LTC experience
- 1 – 2 years Clinical experience
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with MDS 2.0,
- Familiarity with PointClickCare
- CPR and First Aid Certification considered an asset
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Viking is a town in central Alberta, Canada. It is located at the intersection of Highway 14 and Highway 36, approximately 121 km east of Edmonton. The town also lends its name to the Viking Formation, an oil bearing stratigraphical unit.
Take a trip back in time at the Viking Museum. Stroll through the village of restored buildings dating back through the years of 1905-1938, including a one-room schoolhouse, log store, church, farmhouse, and hospital.
Viking is a charming small town that makes for a great place to live. The Town of Viking is known as the home to the Sutter brothers. Six Sutter brothers played in the NHL at the same time, often as team captains.
Experience Viking’s civic pride and the beauty of the streets, boulevards, and gardens, or take a stroll down the historic walking trails. Pick up a map at the Viking Museum or Visitor Centre. Enjoy a round of golf at the Viking Golf & Country Club. A little east of town off Highway 619 lies Camp Lake Park, another popular campground with a boat launch, great beach, and playground.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- Wage between $34.31 – $48.37/hour
- Relocation costs (pending commitment)
- Sign on bonus
- Temporary housing negotiable
- Licensure paid if relocating from another province
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: December 31, 2021
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days