If you are currently at McBride for your #workation or are going to be heading out soon, please note that the city currently has a mandatory boil water notice in effect.
As per the City’s direction, boiled water is required for the following:
- Drinking purposes: Including the use of ice
- Food Preparation: Including washing fruits and vegetables that will not be cooked. Water used as an ingredient does not need to be boiled prior to use, providing it will be brought to a boil during the cooking process
- Coffee Machines: Coffee machines usually produce water heated to about 70 to 80 degrees Celsius, which is sufficient to destroy pathogens. This temperature must be maintained for a sufficient amount of time to ensure that all harmful organisms are destroyed. Therefore, let the coffee stand for at least five minutes before drinking!
- Brushing Teeth: This includes daily oral hygiene such as cleaning dentures
- Infant Formulas: Formulas should always be prepared by using boiled tap water or bottled water that is boiled