Permanent Employment Opportunity
Director of Care – Simon Fraser Lodge
Are you a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse looking to make a difference in a Residential Care Site? Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Director of Care with a passion for the elderly to join our team, at a Long Term Care Facility. This position will be required to hold an LPN or RN registration in BC with BCCNM. This role is in Prince George, BC. We are offering a relocation incentive for the right candidate!
This position will be Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm.
Director of Care Must Haves:
- 4-5 years of health care management experience
- Gerontological experience required
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Maintains a Valid First Aid and CPR “A” Certificate
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care)
- Must maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status (may be a Level 2 depending on site)
- Meets the physical requirements for the role
Director of Care Responsibilities:
- Assists with and ensured completion of Care Plan
- Assesses resident health status including differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings; recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium, taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team
- Develops duty schedules for staff and monitors to ensure the duties are complete.
- Liaises with Ministry officials, including but not limited to licensing/WCB
- Provides on-call support for facility emergencies and staffing concerns via cell phone.
- Liaises with facility management & Ministry officials, including but not limited to licensing/WCB
- Assists with resident pre-placement visits and suitability decisions
- Intake/Discharge paperwork o Resident records
- Staff hiring process, maintain staff records, scheduling and payroll submission
- Ongoing training for staff including performance planning and review
- Clinical performances o Action plan(s) to remedy any audits not meeting minimum standards
- Emergency Preparedness Planning o Development of new facility programs as required
- Development of facility and company policies
- Medication management and safety policies and procedures
- Clinical and Human Resource audits
- Chair facility committees
We are looking for high energy individuals to join a positive and compassionate work environment!
About the Community!
Prince George is a city in British Columbia, Canada, on the Fraser and Nechako rivers. The Central British Columbia Railway and Forestry Museum displays old trains. Contemporary Canadian art is on show at Two Rivers Gallery. The Exploration Place has hands-on science exhibits. Beyond town, trails wind through wildlife-rich Eskers Provincial Park and Fort George Canyon Provincial Park, with its dramatic whirlpools.
Prince George is the largest city in northern British Columbia, with a population of 74,004 in the metropolitan area. It is often called the province’s “Northern Capital” or sometimes the “Spruce Capital” because it is the hub city for Northern BC.
Fishing in Prince George offers a multitude of opportunities for trout, char and grayling. Its location makes the city a natural gateway and a great place to start an exploration of some of the wildest places to be found on the planet.
What’s in it For You and How to Apply!
This is what you can expect:
- $80,000 – $90,000/year
- 4 weeks vacation and 10 days of sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- 100% company paid Extended Health & Dental package that includes Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- A standard 8AM – 4PM schedule (with flexibility to modify as required).
- Internal opportunities for growth and development, since we believe in promoting from within.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
Don’t Delay! The region is desirable for those looking for affordable living and a balanced lifestyle.
Why apply through Solutions Staffing Inc?
As the #1 Healthcare Staffing Agency in Canada, we have developed professional relationships with all the clients on a first name basis. Contact with the client is not strictly through impersonal, online HR portals, but rather through direct contact with frontline staff, HR representatives, unit and facility managers.
- Faster response time on your offers.
- Your resume gets into the hands of the people looking for help.
- We are motivated to assist you through to your interview as quickly as your schedule will allow.
- We can give advice as to the submission, cover letter or display your offer to stand out amongst the applicants.
- Referral bonuses offered for friends and colleagues that accept a permanent position**
- You will receive a $250 Appreciation Bonus*
- Eligible for 25% Discount on our Workation Wear shopping portal*
- Congratulations Gift Pack mailed to your door*
- Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your potential starting date
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by the employer
Closing Date: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you for this amazing opportunity!
*Eligible to receive upon completion of your 30 day probationary period*
**Referral Bonus Disclaimer: You would be eligible to claim $500.00 should your referral take the position and complete a minimum of 60 days